header-logo-mobile

Remains Of 6 People Found In Probe Of Alleged Serial Killer Bruce McArthur: Toronto Police

TORONTO — An alleged serial killer accused of murdering five men is expected to face more charges after Toronto police announced the discovery of more human remains on Thursday.

Homicide Det. Sgt. Hank Idsinga said that the remains of six individuals have now been recovered from a residential property where Bruce McArthur, a 66-year-old self-employed landscaper, had worked.

"I do anticipate more charges," Idsinga said outside 53 Mallory Crescent, where the remains had been discovered in several planters. "I don't have a timetable for that, I don't have a number for that, but I would expect more charges will eventually be laid.

dsinga said police have identified at least one set of remains as belonging to Andrew Kinsman, one of the men McArthur is accused of murdering, but said investigators are still working to determine who the other alleged victims are.

McArthur was charged on Jan. 18 with 49-year-old Kinsman's death, as well as the presumed death of 44-year-old Selim Esen. Both men went missing from Toronto's gay village in 2017.

 
 
 
 

PrintEmail